From time to time I check the available options for management conferences opensource licensed. My requirements would be basically:
- management of the call for papers process:
- authors registration
- submiting of proposals and documents
- review and approval process
- bonus extra:
- management and publish the conference program
- export the program in some standard recognized formats (BARF, calendar, etc)
- some mobile user application able to show and maanage the program calendar
- heaven gift:
- event management features for the conference attendance: registration, mailing, etc (think as an equivalent of Eventbrite).
As far I found:
- Pentabarf, which seems obsolete these days
- FRAB, a Pentabarf succesor, used at FrosCon, CCC.
- COD, based on Drupal and used at DrupalCon’s, I guess.
- CFP-Devoxx used at several Devoxx conferences and others.
- OSEM, used at OpenSUSE, Owncloud, PGConf US and others.
- Canonical Summit, this link points to the DebConf fork used in 2014 an 2015.
- Wafer, Django based, currently used by DebConf.
- OCS, made in PHP, in Gunnar words: «a long-running system, aimed at academic conferences, with a large install base».
- symposion (plus registration), used at North Bay Python.
- OpenConferenceWare, used at Open Source Bridge.
- regcfp, the good’ol GUADEC conferences manager.
- Open Event, actively developed and used by FOSSASIA and candidate for managing the next GNOME related events.
- Unconference Toolbox, written in R and created at the 2019 Chicago R Unconference.
- Indico, «general-purpose event management web-based solution» used for more than 300000 events at CERN.
Other «raw» information:
- a list of conference management software features from a deleted post at Wikipedia;
- another incomplete list of opensource conference management software applications.
If you know other applications you think should be added please feedback through comments. Same if you are aware of a better list than this or if you have a better list of application requirements.
PS: This post is just a draft so can be subjets of future adds and corrections.
PD: Added the links provided by Gunnar.
PPD: Added links to symposion and OpenConferenceWare.
PPPD: Added links to regcfp and Open Event.
PPPPD: Added Unconference Toolbox and Indico.